On World Food Day (October 16) or Food Day (October 24) or any day you choose – host a Simple Supper to benefit Society of St. Andrew.
Serve a simple meal of rice and beans to your family, your friends, your congregation, your school, or your civic group. You’ll be eating as 60% of the world’s population does every day.
Make your table a welcome table. Invite both people in need and those with plenty for food and fellowship.
Encourage those with plenty to make a donation that will be used to provide healthy, nourishing food to people in the US at greatest risk for hunger, through the work of Society of St. Andrew.
The donation might be an amount equivalent to what you’d spend:
- on a meal for your household, prepared at home;
- on what you would have spent for a fast-food meal; or
- on a meal at your favorite restaurant.
Follow the meal with a brief program:
- a speaker (in person or via Skype) from Society of St. Andrew
- a speaker from a local social services agency about hunger in your area
- a DVD from Society of St. Andrew
- music, provided by a local musician
- (if in a church) a hymn sing
To request a speaker, a DVD, or an information packet from Society of St. Andrew, contact: