Giving Tuesday – November 28, 2023
Your gift will bring people together to harvest and share healthy food and transform needy communities this year. Give a gift and share farm-fresh food with families who need it most.
The largest expense in the mission is appropriate packaging and safe transportation from the farm fields to the dinner plates!
This is one of the many reasons we try to keep the food as local as possible. Often, food is delivered to families within 24 hours of being harvested or gleaned from the fields. It doesn’t get much fresher than that!
Thank you so much for giving and helping so many people in need.
We want to stay in touch to tell you how your donations feed hungry families.
Even as the seasons change, farmers continue to call, offering fields full of food to SoSA. In response, teams of volunteers are sent out to pick, dig, and gather that food to serve families, communities, and agencies across the country.
Will you make a gift today? Even AFTER the commercial harvest, millions of pounds of food are left behind- perfect for gleaning. Your gift today empowers farmers and volunteers nationwide— and ensures families in need have fresh, healthy food this holiday season.
Your gift removes obstacles like packaging and transportation costs that prevent good food from being rescued from farm fields, and through SoSA’s endowment, the matching gift will continue to share food where it’s needed most for years to come.
Give Securely & Confidently
No family should choose between a Thanksgiving meal and critical expenses like rent or electricity. Help your neighbors in need. Prevent them from having to make that choice by sharing fresh fruits and vegetables through the gleaning network.
Do The Most Good Possible
Through partnerships in SoSA’s Gleaning Network, a $30 gift, when matched, shares ten very-full buckets of potatoes with families who need them most. With the matching funds, that’s enough good food for 50+ families who would otherwise be unsure where to find their next meal!
Give today while there are matching funds. Your gifts go further when doubled!
All gifts are good when they prevent single moms, seniors, veterans, children, and families from doing without fresh fruits and vegetables during the holiday season.
Thank you for sharing good food with your needy neighbors and keeping it out of landfills!
Don’t Miss Your Opportunity
Giving Tuesday is a global movement of generosity! The 1st Tuesday after Thanksgiving is designated as a global day of giving each year. It’s an opportunity to give thanks for the many blessings in your life. It’s your chance to say you have enough and enough to share.
It’s about sharing more than food with your neighbors. It’s about bringing in the harvest and meeting hunger needs today and for years.
It’s about saying you have enough to share with someone who doesn’t have enough. It’s about sharing love and hope with someone who might think things will never look up. It’s about reaching out and saying you care enough to help out. Even if just for the day!
When asked why others should give, recent donors wanted to share words of inspiration for you:
- To a more just world
- I love that The Society of St. Andrew is a hands-on mission that encourages farmers to grow extra crops for gleaning by people of all ages & backgrounds. God bless us, everyone!
- Time to give back! Let’s move healthy produce to those in need.
- Blessings to all that support this endeavor.
- My prayers are with/for you and your wonderful work. Blessings to all.
- Thanks for all you do. ❤️
- Bless you for your good work!
- Everyone needs to eat!
- God Bless you for all you do for hungry people.
- Love the work you do organizing the community to help farmers deliver fresh from the field crops to neighbors in need of nutritious food!
- May you feel our love with these foods we give. God bless you!
- Think of the blessings those who receive will acquire, and don’t forget the blessings those who give will reap. Thank you for what you are doing. May God be praised for it.
- They do such good work. I am proud to do what little I can to help.
- Love this program and miss helping glean the fields!
- Wonderful organization! Hope you raise lots of money for this very special cause.
- Thanks to all who work very hard all year to support those who are hungry.
- Wish there were a spot in our area where our group could glean!
- With admiration for all this organization does and am grateful to have served alongside Rachael and Bill (Scooby) over the years!
- I have seen the great work of The Society of St. Andrew in our area. People who have little rarely get to eat healthy food. This is a great cause. Support it!
- I contribute to the SoSA organization because they provide a much-needed service to those in need in a much more abundant way. May the Lord bless all those who help you provide this service and those to whom you provide the food you glean from the fields.
- As our church’s family and Missions Coordinator, we support The Society of St. Andrew.
Click here to donate. And please tell us your story! We want to hear from you. If you want to share your motivation for giving, encouraging words for others, or how you’ve seen hunger impact a community, send a text to 769-610-1710 or send an email.