Giving Tuesday 2021
You can bring people together to harvest and share healthy food and transform communities in need this year. Give a gift and share farm-fresh food with families who need it most.
A generous, anonymous donor donated $50,000 of matching funds to help feed even more families this GivingTuesday- Every $1 will be matched, up to the first $50,000 donated. UPDATE: ALL MATCHING FUNDS WERE CLAIMED.
Farmers continue to call offering fields full of food and volunteers are continuing to serve in thousands of communities across the country. Will you make a gift today? Even AFTER the commercial harvest, there’s millions of pounds of food left behind- perfect for gleaning. Your gift today empowers farmers and volunteers nationwide— and ensures families in need have fresh, healthy food this holiday season.
Every gift is a good gift. Every donation makes a difference. Every $1 provides 35 servings of food for families who might otherwise go without. No family should have to choose between a Thanksgiving meal and critical expenses like rent or electricity. Help your neighbors in need. Prevent them from having to make that choice by sharing fresh fruits and vegetables through the gleaning network.
Through partnerships in the Gleaning Network, it costs under $2 to share 17lbs. of fresh lima beans, pictured right, with families who need them most. That’s 3 family sized 3lb. bags and 7 smaller 1lb. bags for under $2! Your gifts go further when you double your impact!
All gifts are good gifts when they prevent single moms, seniors, veterans, children, and families from having to do without fresh fruits and vegetables during the Thanksgiving season.
Giving Tuesday is a global movement of generosity! Each year, the 1st Tuesday after Thanksgiving is designated as a global day of giving. It’s an opportunity to give thanks for the many blessings in your life. It’s your chance to say you have enough and enough to share.
Don’t miss this opportunity to DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT. Every $1 will be matched, dollar for dollar, for the first $50,000 raised. This is your last chance to double your impact in 2021.
It’s about sharing more than food with your neighbors. It’s about saying you have enough to share with someone who doesn’t have enough. It’s about sharing love and hope with someone who might think things are never going to look up. It’s about reaching out and saying you care enough to help out. Even if just for the day!
When asked why others should give to The Society of St. Andrew on #GivingTuesday, so many of you shared wonderful words of inspiration and encouragement after giving:
- To a more just world
- I love that The Society of St. Andrew is a hands-on mission that encourages farmers to grow extra crops for gleaning by people of all ages & backgrounds. God bless us, everyone!
- Time to give back! Let’s move healthy produce to those in need.
- Blessings to all that support this endeavor.
- My prayers are with/for you and the wonderful work you are doing. Blessings to all.
- Thanks for all you do. ❤️
- Bless you for your good work!
- Everyone needs to eat!
- God Bless you for all you do for the hungry.
- Love the work you do organizing the community to help farmers deliver fresh from the field crops to neighbors in need of nutritious food!
- May you feel our love with these foods we give. God bless you!
- Think of the blessings those who receive will acquire and don’t forget the blessings those who gave will reap. Thank you for what you are doing. May God be praised for it.
- You do such good work. I am proud to do what little I can to help.
- Love this program and miss helping glean.
- Thank you for the great work you do.
- Wonderful organization! Hope you raise lots of money for this very special cause.
- Thanks to all who work very hard all year to support those who are hungry.
- Wish there were a spot in our area where our group could glean!
- With admiration for all this organization does and am grateful to serve alongside Rachael and Bill (Scooby) over the years!
- So glad to help in this way!
- Keep up the good work!
- I have seen the great work of the Society of St. Andrew in our area. People who have little rarely get to eat healthy food. This is a great cause. Support it!
- I contribute in other ways to the SoSA organization because they provide a much needed service to those in need in a much more abundant way. May the Lord bless all those who help you provide this service and those to whom you provide the food you glean from the fields.
- As a family and as Missions Coordinator at our church, we support St. Andrew.