– your organization's opportunity to serve your community
You are a part of a successful company or organization. You've got a great team of employees and you have wonderful customers. Maybe you want to go through some team-building exercises, or maybe you just enjoy working together and want to serve together as well.
Either way, we know you care about your community and the people that live in it. Let’s work together to see that everyone in your community has healthy food to eat!
Sign up for a TEAM GLEAN event and you can help end hunger.
- Use the form on this page to contact the SoSA Program Coordinator in your area.
- Work with the coordinator to arrange an event for your team.
- Go HERE to voluntee/er and fill out the waiver.
- Ask all your participants to also sign gleaning waivers on this page.
While you're here, be sure to sign up for the 'monthly news and stats email'. It's a monthly story about the mission in action. It often highlights volunteers just like you. You can sign up HERE.
Strengthen your team with a TEAM GLEAN event.
It can be a great learning experience, a team building exercise, and an opportunity to serve members of your community who need it most.
- Spend a morning outside of the office, working together, harvesting healthy food for hungry people nearby. It's easier than you might think.
- Learn about hunger in your community. It's almost hard to believe that this basic human need is often unmet for more than 40 million people in our country.
- Take the good food you’ve gleaned directly to a feeding agency (soup kitchen, shelter, or food pantry), where neighbors in need will enjoy those fresh fruits and vegetables, often the same evening! Your team might have the opportunity to meet some of the wonderful people who will put this good food to use.
- Great for employee groups of 10-50 persons on a weekday, or for employee families on a weekend. If you would like a private event or be paired with other groups, just let us know and we will see what can be done to accommodate your request.
Time Required: 2-4 hours (including getting to the field and back)
Supplies: Provided for you, along with drinking water
Minimum Donation: $30 per participant
Contact us soon to reserve the date for your Team Glean event!
Team Glean Contact Form
If interested in a Team Glean day for your organization or company, please fill out the form below. We’ll be glad to have a coordinator in your area contact you to discuss the possibilities.
You must be in a state covered by a SoSA regional office: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Virginia.