Donor Bill of Rights
To assure that our ministry merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in our non-profit organization, we declare that all donors to our ministry have these rights:
- To be informed of the Society of St. Andrew’s mission, of the way the ministry intends to use donated resources, and of the ministry’s capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the Society of St. Andrew’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the Society of St. Andrew’s most recent financial statement.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law. (Note: The Society of St. Andrew never shares its mailing list with any other organization.)
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the Society of St. Andrew to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the Society of St. Andrew or hired solicitors.
- To have their names deleted from the Society of St. Andrew’s mailing list.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.